Rooted School Indy at Eastern Star Church
The Tech Coach promotes computer literacy among our students. In this position, you will be required to craft and present lessons, develop teaching material, and attend parent-teacher conferences. The Tech Coach should also ensure that equipment remains in excellent working condition. To ensure success as a Tech Coach, you should demonstrate flexibility and support as you help students to develop confidence in their computer skills. An outstanding Tech Coach will be cognizant of the socioeconomic factors that limit access to technology and will make a concerted effort to acclimatize students with no prior exposure to computers.
The Career & Technical Education Teacher is state certified teacher and/or alternatively certified CTE Teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment or in-classroom environment. The CTE teacher must provide instruction, support, and guidance; manage the learning process; and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress and work actively with students and parents to advance each student’s learning and to develop and monitor a plan for post-secondary success via online tools.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creating, refining, and maintaining technology curriculum.
- Educate students in technology related courses
- Obtain required certifications
- Prepare Lesson Plans
- Deliver instruction
- Grade and evaluate students
- Collaborating with other content area teachers to design cross-curricular projects
- Monitoring student data, provide frequent feedback and targeted student support in response to data.
- Implementing and executing student interventions with flexible grouping.
- Execute Rooted’s hybrid academic model with fidelity and consistency.
- Establishing Rooted’s culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large.
- Rooted Tech Partner Internships
- CTE Management
Additional Responsibilities/Opportunities (potential)
- Supervise and coach the students involved in Repair Class Support in conjunction with K-12 Tech.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active CTE state teaching certification or willingness and ability to obtain CTE state teaching certification OR
- Relevant industry experience AND ability and willingness to obtain Workplace Specialist License OR
- Equivalent combination of education, certifications, licenses and experience ● Ability to clear required background check(s)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills; ability to foster a collaborative team environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in educational technology and the integration of technology with curriculum and/or instruction; solid understanding of diverse learning styles
- Ability to build positive relationships with all staff members and work with users with varying levels of technology abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Supports CTE Program Coordinator/school/program with creating business and industry partnerships to help navigate work-based learning experiences for students
The application software used by school administration and the students will continue to evolve. The following represents our current platforms. Knowledge and experience in these is desired but not required.
- 3D Printing
- Adobe Certified Associate –Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Specialist – Design
- Adobe Spark Video
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Certified Expert
- Adobe Premier Pro
- CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist
- Autodesk Inventor
- E-Mail Marketing Certification
- In-Bound Salesforce
- Auto-Facebook Blueprint
- Hub Spot Inbound Marketing
- Cad Inventor
- Comp TIA Security Plus
- COMPTIA ITF+/A+
- Unity Certified Associate: Game Developer
- Microsoft Technology Associate 98-383 & 98-382
- Java Script
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role will have direct interaction daily with our student population.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.