Upper School Science Lead Teacher – 21/22
Are you a Licensed Teacher looking to make a bigger impact? Are you interested in professional development through sponsored growth opportunities like national board certification? Come experience the amazing culture of an employer who offers additional income opportunities, retail discounts, childcare reimbursement, and more! Kindezi Academy wants YOU! We are seeking an ambitious, passionate and people smart Educator to join our team as the Science Lead Teacher for the upcoming school year! If this describes you, take a look at our Lead Teacher summary and essential job functions.
Feeling like the perfect fit? Hit the apply button and come talk with us. We can’t wait to hear from you!
The Lead Teacher is responsible for creating a classroom culture where student are joyfully engaged, meaningfully on-task, and feel ownership for their individual and collective success.
Teachers help students learn basic academic, social, and other essential skills that are important to know through life.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Plan and execute rigorous, engaging lessons in a logical scope and sequence.
- Conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Use student data to assess mastery of objectives and movement toward big goals for student achievement and growth.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Develop effective classroom management systems that build students intrinsic motivation to learn, grow, and succeed in academics and character.
- Implements feedback and new learning from ongoing professional development in order to better support instructional activities and student achievement.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with staff members, students, parents, administrators, and other stakeholders in order to support students.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Other duties as assigned.
Neighborhood Charter Network Values:
Lead With Love
- Establish High Expectations
- Support and Empower Others
- Engage in honest communication to enhance understanding
Maximize Time To Maximize Potential
- Maintain productivity every hour of the day
- Only spend time on what is worth our time
Data Drives Decisions
- We do not have time to guess
Competencies for All NCN Employees:
- Emphasizing the team over self; being willing to take and implement feedback in order to grow
- Self-motivated; having the grit to push through adversity
- High emotional intelligence; the ability to work well with others; an understanding of one’s own impact
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid IN Teacher’s License
- Possess strong understanding of child development, pedagogy, and content.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- Valid IN Teacher’s License
** This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by the supervisor or other management personnel.
**Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours accordingly. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
**Neighborhood Charter Network provides equal opportunities of employment to all applicants and and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against anyone without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.