Resource Instructor- Excel Center Decatur
The Excel Center Decatur
Do you enjoy being part of a supportive and mission-based community? Are you looking to help lead a unique flexible school model in alignment with organizational, charter, regulatory, community, financial, and accountability goals of the school? Are you looking to help make a generational impact on families through curriculum?
At the Indianapolis Decatur Goodwill Excel Center, school days are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Mondays through Thursdays are instructional and Fridays are flexible/preparatory days each week.
The Resource Instructor will tutor students in their various courses, provide remediation to students with low reading levels, assist college tutors meeting with students and help prepare students pass various assessments.
- Builds and shapes instruction frameworks around student needs including online learning tools and content.
- Develops student’s individual learning plans along with the coaches based on intake assessment. Determines students’ educational track, from the least integrated instruction (Credit Recovery) to the most integrated (Knowledge Mastery).
- Assesses appropriate students’ life experiences that apply towards school credits.
- Manages and monitors students’ learning experience to ensure student engagement and accomplish learning goals.
- Work with coaches and leadership staff to support students.
- Attend all team and professional development meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in subject specialty required with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience post licensing, preferred.
- ENL and/or Elementary license or experience preferred
- Current Indiana Teaching Certification in subject specialty, dual licensure preferred
- Experience working with high school age students in a non-traditional setting and/or in adult education setting highly preferred
- Demonstrated success meeting educational needs and understanding student learning styles
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make necessary adjustments to achieve learning goals
- Has working knowledge of computer programs to perform clerical tasks: Google Applications (specifically Gmail), Excel, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities while attaining a positive learning environment.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population.
- Experience working with online learning is a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Ability to gather and analyze data for informed decision making.
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development and tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
- Retirement plan with generous match or contribution into Teachers’ Retirement Fund for eligible employees
- Eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) federal program
Goodwill Education Initiatives:
Goodwill strongly believes it is essential to raise education attainment levels in Indiana. Not only are the lifetime earnings of high school graduates significantly higher than those of dropouts, children of high school graduates are 50% less likely to drop out of high school than the children of dropouts are. Goodwill provides opportunities for adults (The Excel Center) and youth (Indianapolis Metropolitan High School).
The Excel Center Model:
The Excel Center® is operated by Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc., a not-for-profit organization formed by Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Recognizing that nearly a half million working-age Hoosiers lack a high school diploma, Goodwill opened The Excel Center for adults in 2010. The Excel Center is a tuition-free public high school for adults offering an Indiana Core 40 high school diploma.
The Excel Center currently serves more than 4,000 students annually.
Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.