ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the team lead/elite teacher, the PSOE Classroom Teacher is responsible for direct instruction through curriculum implementation, lesson planning, data disaggregation, and classroom management. Additional responsibilities include maintaining compliance with individual student Education Plans, Section 504 Plans, etc. They will ensure operational and functional knowledge of best practices in education, state and federal education law, FERPA and FAPE law, parent relations, behavioral management, documenting and reporting, and process-driven accountability.
● Provides direct instruction in whole-class, small group, and individual settings.
● Utilize data-driven instruction and PSOE educational frameworks to insure delivery of standard’s driven instruction to all students.
● Completes assessments, grading, planning, and conferences with students, staff, and families within appropriate timelines. ● Utilizes oversight by team lead, Elite Teachers, Special Education Director, school counselor, and other subcontracted professional staff/outside agencies as needed to identify and understand strategies for support and instruction of students with exceptional needs.
● Ensures appropriate classroom implementation of BIP’s, FBA’s, IEP’s and 504 programs.
● Completes any additional reporting as requested by Special Education Director or counselor.
● Develops and maintains regular family communication and community partnerships.
● Completes reports and follow-up documentation as required by administration.
● Keeps updated and documented cumulative folders as ongoing case files for all current students.
● Contributes to a strong school education team: serves on school and/or community committees; seeks participation and involvement with direction for ongoing local operations.
● Acts as a professional advisor to the team lead/elite teacher on all aspects of school classroom activities.
● Abides by all PSOE frameworks as approved by the CEO and as noted in the staff handbook.
● Maintains ongoing, consistent, and supportive communication for the classroom as noted in the school’s frameworks.
● Assumes all roles as delegated for a variety of school functions for the purpose of managing the team workload more efficiently.
● Utilizes effective systems as delegated to troubleshoot problems, track progress, and regularly evaluate workflow components, so as to measure progress in a way that can be effectively communicated to the team lead/elite teacher.
Program planning and management
● Contributes to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the school.
● Is prepared to assist in the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects.
Human resources planning and management
● Establishes a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations including FERPA, FAPE, Section 504, and Special Education.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The Classroom Teacher will be thoroughly committed to the PSOE mission. Prior successful full-time education experience in a similar setting is preferred. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
● Valid Indiana State Teaching License or equivalent.
● Bachelor’s degree in field of education.
● Unwavering commitment to quality programs and production.
● Excellence in organizational management and data disaggregation, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, and set and achieve strategic objectives.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
● Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning.
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
● Passion, idealism, integrity, grit, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
● Proficiency in technology.
● Prior experience in charter schools.
● Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, stoop, sit on the floor, climb stairs, walk and reach overhead.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school/classroom environment. Duties may be occasionally performed on field trips away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The Classroom Teacher usually works in standard classrooms, but will frequently be required to complete tasks in in a wide variety of locations within the school campus. The Classroom Teacher works a standard workweek, but additionally may work evenings, weekends, and any additional hours necessary to accommodate activities such as committees, fundraisers, public meetings, and representing the organization at public events.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Paramount Employees will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. Paramount Schools of Excellence reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.Apply
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.