Physical Science Teacher
BELIEVE Circle City (BCC) is an early college and career-focused high school that uses real-world experiences, societal norms and expectations to foster the academic achievement, autonomy, and agency needed to be a contributing member of our evolving society. BCC focuses on identity and leadership development, and explicitly develops our scholars and staff emotionally, socially, and culturally. BCC provides a rigorous curriculum filled with purpose-building experiences in service of creating dynamics for our scholars to flourish in their future pursuits.
BELIEVE leaders will be equitable, independent, and influential citizens within their local and global community.
As a teacher at BCC, you will ensure BELIEVE Circle City is on the path to becoming the #1 High School in the country. In this role, you will set the tone and culture that fosters the scholar necessary to realize our vision and exceed academically, personally and within the community. Specifically, you will be responsible for ensuring success on the key performance indicators below:
- Academic Excellence: o Scholars will grow at least two points on the ACT every year and respectively for the SAT.
- 75% of scholars will meet or exceed expectations on the ILEARN Biology ECA. o Lexile Growth is at 2 years or more per year for all scholars
- Student Success:
- The scholars in your village should meet academic and professional expectations at BELIEVE. You can commit to seeing your village through 4 years of high school.
- You support BELIEVE in developing our scholars in becoming young professionals.
- Positive Community Member & Contributor
- You show your commitment and investment to BELIEVE in all of your actions.
- Your role is a school teacher, not a classroom teacher. We expect that our entire team contributes to our staff and scholar culture.
- Your legacy will be to leave a transformational impact on the children and families that attend BCC. You will develop scholars and help grow them into leaders that will go and continue to advance and inspire our community.
- You report to School Principal, Angel Jackson-Anderson
- Your fellow staff includes 15-20 Team Members
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Candidate must be available by July 18, 2022
Comparable salary to local districts
- Passionate about creating a new pathway in urban education – You recognize the opportunity and necessity to think differently about how we educate our scholars, specifically our black and brown scholars, to pursue lives of choice and purpose.
- You pursue ambitious visions through concrete goals and establish the systems necessary to rigorously monitor and reflect on progress. You possess a persistent optimism and determination.
- You effectively manage scholars towards ambitious and necessary outcomes while fostering a joyful, rigorous classroom environment. You are direct in your communication and unapologetic about holding others accountable within a spirited culture.
- Eager to contribute sustained leadership – You are ready to commit four years to the founding class.
- Adhere to the following professional standards. o Prompt & Present — Arrive on time and be present at all times. o
- Safe Space help create and maintain a safe environment and culture for scholars and staff.
- One Voice — Every staff member and scholar deserves to be heard. Meaning, when someone else is speaking, we listen.
- Value & Respect — Valuing others for their qualities and attributes.
- Input = Output — What we put in, we get out.
- Prior Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to obtain certification
- Experience working directly with traditionally underserved communities and communities of color
Interested in this position?
- Cover Letter
- Link to Video or Video Attachment of you teaching
- Written Response (Word Doc): How has your educational experience prepared you to serve at BELIEVE?
BELIEVE Schools is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects BELIEVE Schools articulation of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at anytime.
$50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.