MS Instructional Coach (5th-8th)
Vision Academy at Riverside (Elementary)
Vision Academy @ Riverside
Instructional Coach (5th-8th)
- Support all 5th – 8th grade staff by observing each staff member a minimum of once a week, leaving actionable bite-sized feedback, and monitoring progress toward meeting that action step.
- Participate on the Leadership Team responsible for TAP implementation.
- Analyze school, teacher, and student achievement data for the purpose of determining instructional focus, support and professional development priorities.
- Plan, organize, and deliver one-on-one weekly meetings with each teacher you support based on weekly observations.
- Evaluate teacher performance using TAP Teaching Standards scoring rubrics.
- Design and implement school’s Professional Development program for teachers, based on teacher performance and student learning data.
- Participate in all TAP training activities.
- Facilitate weekly Lesson Plan Internalization meetings with classroom teachers.
- Monitor the follow through of Lesson Plan Internalization protocol and systems.
- Support teachers with Data-Driven Instruction (Weekly Data Meetings, Reteach Plans, etc).
- Plan and facilitate annual CSSI training for teachers.
- Monitor implementation of school-wide curriculum.
- Other Duties: Support of the Overall Growth and Operations of the School
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following qualifications:
- Evidence of successful teaching as measured by performance evaluation
- Demonstrated expertise in curriculum development, student learning, test analysis, mentoring, and professional development, as demonstrated by an advanced degree, training and/or career experience.
- Student learning data that illustrates the teacher’s ability to increase student achievement through utilizing specific instructional interventions.
- Skill and expertise in facilitating growth and skill development among adults.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A cooperative, positive, energetic disposition and capacity to work in concert with one’s team.
- A deep interest in working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment relentlessly focused on high standards and achieving ambitious goals for our young students.
- Leadership and willingness to take initiative in addressing issues in and outside specific job requirements in order to continuously improve the overall quality of Vision Academy.
To apply for this position, submit the following:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume and supporting materials
- Copy of valid Indiana License or evidence of commitment to achieve licensure
- At least three (3) professional references including a former or current supervisor)
Please note: Current Vision Academy Faculty interested in the Instructional Coach position must submit a resume along with a letter of interest, explaining:
- Why you are interested in serving as an Instructional Coach
- The skills, knowledge and expertise that you feel you bring to this position
Deadline for Applications is May 19th
However, the search process will continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
If interested, submit materials by completing the application form linked below:
Vision Academy Employment Form
Please direct all questions to:
Bilen Mulugeta, Principal
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.