Middle School Social Studies Teacher
This position is for the Paramount Schools of Excellence Englewood campus.
Reporting to the team lead/elite teacher, the PSOE Classroom Teacher is responsible for direct instruction through curriculum implementation, lesson planning, data disaggregation, and classroom management. Additional responsibilities include maintaining compliance with individual student Education Plans, Section 504 Plans, etc. S/he will insure operational and functional knowledge of best practices in education, state and federal education law, FERPA and FAPE law, parent relations, behavioral management, documenting and reporting, and process-driven accountability.
- Provides direct instruction in whole-class, small group, and individual settings.
- Utilizes data-driven instruction and PSOE educational frameworks to insure delivery of standard’s driven instruction to all students.
- Completes assessments, grading, planning, and conferences with students, staff, and families within appropriate timelines.
- Utilizes oversight by team lead, Elite Teachers, Special Education Director, school counselor, and other subcontracted professional staff/outside agencies as needed to identify and understand strategies for support and instruction of students with exceptional needs.
- Ensures appropriate classroom implementation of BIP’s, FBA’s, IEP’s and 504 programs.
- Completes any additional reporting as requested by Special Education Director or counselor.
- Develops and maintains regular family communication and community partnerships.
- Completes reports and follow-up documentation as required by administration.
- Keeps updated and documented cumulative folders as ongoing case files for all current students.
- Contributes to a strong school education team: serves on school and/or community committees; seeks participation and involvement with direction for ongoing local operations.
- Acts as a professional advisor to the team lead/elite teacher on all aspects of school classroom activities.
- Abides by all PSOE frameworks as approved by the executive director and as noted in the staff handbook.
- Maintains ongoing, consistent, and supportive communication for the classroom as noted in the school’s frameworks.
- Assumes all roles as delegated for a variety of school functions for the purpose of managing the team workload more efficiently.
- Utilizes effective systems as delegated to troubleshoot problems, track progress, and regularly evaluate workflow components, so as to measure progress in a way that can be effectively communicated to the team lead/elite teacher.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The Classroom Teacher will be thoroughly committed to the PSOE mission. Prior successful full-time education experience in a similar setting is preferred. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Valid Indiana State Teaching License or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of education.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and production.
- Excellence in organizational management and data disaggregation, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, and set and achieve strategic objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, grit, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.