Manager of Operations
Circle City Prep
Background on the Organization:
Circle City Prep is deeply committed to supporting all students to live up to their power and potential through a rigorous college prep education. Circle City Prep is an elementary school built on research and best practices of high performing charter schools nationwide and is uniquely focused on educating students on the Far Eastside of Indianapolis.
Circle City Prep’s philosophical approach to creating a transformational school for the students of Indianapolis is based on three foundational beliefs: 1) Every child, no matter race, socio-economic status, zip code or home language, can be on a path to college; 2) Students thrive in a structured and supportive environment; and 3) Teaching leadership and self-advocacy is a critical component to building our country’s future leaders. For more information, please visit our website: www.circlecityprep.org.
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented and innovative Manager of Operations who understands that the foundation of a great school starts with operational excellence. Circle City Prep’s commitment is to our students and families who rely upon our classrooms, communications, and facilities to operate smoothly and safely each day. Our operations team builds a sense of community within our school and ensures our building is an immaculate, joyful environment that promotes learning. By managing compliance, families and students, operations, procurement, school-wide systems, and talent-resources, our operations team allows instruction to thrive in the classroom. The Manager of Operations is a full-time, year-round position that reports to the Director of Operations and Finance and serves as a member of the schools Operations Team. The Manager of Operations provides administrative support, system-thinking, and project management to ensure the school runs smoothly and manages keys aspects of school operations.
Procurement and Vendors
- Responsibility for site level procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, and inventory management.
- Management of aspects of free and reduced lunch program/process.
- Manage and oversee all school-wide systems: arrival, lunch/recess, snack, and dismissal
- Management of all safety procedures, including development and communication of school’s safety/emergency plan, school entry and exit transitions.
- Coordinate food services and health services for the school.
- Support of logistical planning for school-wide events.
- Develop, document and train staff in all operational systems and procedures.
- Oversee the work of the Fellows.
- Plan and implement school culture-building initiatives with the Leadership Team.
- Own Teacher Workroom space (stocked, organized, and inviting)
Students and Families
- Working with other staff members, implement enrollment campaign for students, including engagement in local marketing initiatives, and demographic analysis.
- Ready to greet visitors, answer phones and be the first face parents see when they visit the school.
Attendance & Enrollment
- Collaborate with operations team on systems related to enrollment, attendance, and student retention
- Support families with enrollment, registration, and student records processes
- Preparation of all state reports while ensuring for accuracy and timely filing.
- Management of entry and integrity of data
- Ensure compliance with student records related to health and academics and create systems in the front office for organizing.
- Operate at school Safety Specialist
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Able to problem solve and think creatively about establishing systems and structures for full school.
- Has demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Able to coordinate multiple moving parts, and multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Able to coordinate all aspects of facilities management.
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree or certified public accounting license, preferred.
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook, required.
- Willingness to work occasional weekend or evening work hours, required.
- Pass criminal background check, as required by law
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.