K-8 Special Education Teacher
Invent Learning Hub
Position: Special Education Teacher, K-8th Grade
Who We Seek
We are seeking a diverse, innovative, and inspiring set of classroom leaders that can balance the struggle of a rigorous curriculum with the passion for learning we hope to instill in our students. We believe that when interacting with students, staff, and our community, every staff member should model our core values: Human Centered, Collaboration, Professionalism, and High Expectations.
The Invent Learning Hub Special Education Teacher role includes (but is not limited to):
- Conducting case conferences for students qualifying for special education services.
- Writing goals and tracking progress for students who qualify for special education services.
- Leading instruction for students who qualify for special education services.
- Establishing an exemplary culture that is built on a human-centered respect for all students and staff.
- Internalizing and delivering well-organized and rigorous lessons that ensures all students are meeting their academic goals.
- Tracking and closely monitoring student progress through in-depth data analysis, and planning differentiated support when mastery is not met.
- Building trust and community through leading weekly mentor groups focusing on developing social and emotional skills and supporting the SEL needs of our students.
- Maintaining timely and frequent communication with parents and stakeholders building meaningful relationships with all involved in the success of our students.
- Collaborating with team members to develop and maintain a school culture that focuses on human centered solutions and support for every member of the team through weekly staff SEL circles.
- Ensuring all interactions with staff, students, parents, and stakeholders exhibit your commitment to professionalism and human-centeredness.
- Collaborating with staff members to integrate Design Thinking principles into all curriculum and develop cross-curricular units of study.
- Supporting student recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities as needed.
Required Education, Credentials, & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Valid Indiana teaching license
Valid Special Education Licensure(s): Mild Interventions, Mild Disabilities or equivalent of Mildly Mentally Handicapped/Cognitively Impaired (Required)
At least two years of experience teaching or leading in an urban school preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Invent Learning Hub provides competitive salaries and benefits that are commensurate with years of experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.