ACE Preparatory Academy Charter School was unanimously approved by the Indiana Charter School Board and opened on the Northeast side of Indianapolis on August 1, 2016. ACE Prep began with the simple, unyielding belief that every child deserves an equal chance at a top-notch education. Our leadership has designed a free, public school that puts every scholar on the path to college unlike any other in Indiana.
Through rigorous academics, positive character development, and excellence in everything we do, ACE Preparatory Academy Charter School educates all Kindergarten through Grade 5 students for school success and lives of opportunity.
At ACE Prep, we count on every adult to exhibit our BE GREAT core values:
• Act with Bravery – We speak up when we don’t know something or think we’re heading in the wrong direction. Even when the right thing is difficult, we do it.
• Operate with Endurance – We never give up on scholars and believe in the power of ALL.
• Own your Growth – We thrive on reflective feedback from observations and individualized coaching.
• It’s Our Responsibility – We believe every adult is responsible for every scholars’ success.
• Bring your Enthusiasm – We make school cool and create a joyful, engaging learning environment.
• Make Achievement Real – We hold an unyielding commitment to closing the achievement gap.
• Join the Team – We are active participants in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
ACE Prep is seeking a passionate educator who recognizes the unique opportunity to be part of a talented, committed team. This role is designed to support a grade level cluster in an academic and enrichment setting while (a) building and maintaining strong relationships with scholars and families that align with the mission and vision of ACE Prep, (b) ensuring academic, social emotional and behavioral goals are met for each scholar, (c) incorporating the best-practices and trainings developed through extensive professional development, (d) building your individual leadership presence and (e), spearheading other efforts in the classroom and the community in direct collaboration with the Director of Student Services and Head of School.
Key Responsibilities with Scholars
• Work with scholars in instructional and classroom activities in collaboration with the classroom teacher and Director of Student Services
• Design and deliver rigorous Tier 2 lessons and progress monitor growth
• Instruct in small group or 1:1 settings to identified scholars with targeted needs in both a push-in and pull-out model
• Use data to ensure individual scholar goals are met in alignment with academic, behavioral and social-emotional targets
• Maintain detailed records of scholar progress and efficiently collect and track data
• Serve as the Enrichment Teacher for a grade level band (ie: K-2, Grade 3-5); create engaging thematic lessons to deliver in whole group settings on a variety of topics
Key Responsibilities with Families
• Build enduring relationships with scholars and their families through proactive communication
• Educate families about advocating for their child’s success
• View families as partners – actively engage families in their child’s choices and growth
Key Responsibilities as a Teammate
• Model the BE GREAT values to all within the ACE Prep community
• Proactively collaborate with colleagues on scholar data, needs, and goal obtainment
• Meet professional obligations including timeliness, consistency with deadlines, and dependable attendance patterns (staff day is from 7:00am – 4:15pm)
• Attend critical school events such as open houses and parent-teacher conferences
• Serve as an active member of the Special Education staff under the guidance of the Director of Student Supports, participating in all staff development opportunities as an equal member of the team
• Provide support to the classroom teacher and be able to cover classrooms in their absence
• Supervise recess, lunch, arrival/dismissal and other duties as assigned
Key Responsibilities as a Leader
• Be open to coaching and feedback and possess a growth mindset
• Participate in IEP/504 meetings including case conferences, as needed
• Demonstrate leadership by doing whatever it takes to achieve the mission of ACE Prep
• Participate in, and seek out, professional opportunities to deepen own practices
• Proactively circulate amongst the grade levels to uplift and support a positive school culture
Qualifications of an ACE Prep Team Member
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for grade level and academic content (required)
• Valid Indiana Teaching License (required)
• Bachelor’s degree (required)
• Valid background check passed (required)
• Minimum of one year working in urban education with a history of significant gains in student performance and/or growth (preferred)
• Literacy/Reading, Special Education, ESL, Early Childhood endorsement (preferred)
Within an energetic, focused, and detail-oriented start-up environment, we equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated professional workspace and resources, laptop computer, high-speed internet access, and necessary supplies. Our salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Commitment to Diversity
ACE Prep is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team. As an equal opportunity employer, ACE Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.Apply
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.