Instructional Interventionist, The Excel Center University Heights
The Excel Center University Heights
Do you enjoy being part of a supportive and mission-based community? Are you seeking a meaningful career in education but yearn for a less rigid teaching environment? Would you enjoy teaching an adult student population as opposed to minors? Are you looking for a structured schedule with no weekends?
The Instructional Interventionist is responsible for supporting student achievement. The Interventionist provides individual or small group instruction to students who are struggling academically. This position is also responsible for monitoring, reporting, and communicating student progress and performance. The position will work under the direct supervision of the Leadership Team who will oversee which students receive intervention as well as intervention strategies. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Collaborates with teachers, administration, and families to help identify best practices for individual and small groups of students
- Provides high quality instruction to individual students and small groups
- Uses data to provide instruction to students and to bring their skills to mastery
- Works with school personnel to implement and utilize identified research-based interventions that specifically focus on individual student needs
- Maintains data-based documentation of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress
- Provides data to school teams and participates in decisions about student progress
- Communicates with teachers, coaches and administration regarding student progress
- Assists with identifying students for placement in intervention groups
- Participates in meetings with teachers, coaches and administration to discuss student placement and progress
- Provides diagnostic assessments for students as needed
- Assist with student recruiting.
- Assist with new student orientation.
- Ensure student information system is accurate and up to date.
- Assist with student attendance keeping.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School diploma required
- Possess the essential mindset that all students can succeed
- Drive to improve the outcomes and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Experience working with high school age students in urban, nontraditional, and/or in adult education setting highly preferred
- Evidence of superior verbal and written communication skills; strong motivational skills
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player; adaptable to shifting priorities
- Has working knowledge of computer programs to perform clerical tasks: Google Suite, (specifically Gmail)
- Familiarity with the technology used in the classroom for distance learning
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
Benefits: Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
- Retirement plan with generous match or contribution into Teachers’ Retirement Fund for eligible employee
Goodwill Education Initiatives
Goodwill strongly believes it is essential to raise education attainment levels in Indiana. Not only are the lifetime earnings of high school graduates significantly higher than those of dropouts, children of high school graduates are 50% less likely to drop out of high school than the children of dropouts are. Goodwill provides opportunities for adults (The Excel Center) and youth (Indianapolis Metropolitan High School).
The Excel Center Model:
The Excel Center® is operated by Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc., a not-for-profit organization formed by Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Recognizing that nearly a half million working-age Hoosiers lack a high school diploma, Goodwill opened The Excel Center for adults in 2010. The Excel Center is a tuition-free public high school for adults offering an Indiana Core 40 high school diploma.
The Excel Center currently serves more than 4,000 students annually.
Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.