Global Preparatory Academy
Global Preparatory Academy develops compassionate global leaders through a rigorous education program that focuses on hands-on, cultural and Spanish immersion learning opportunities.
Global Prep Academy, a dual language school that connects students from diverse linguistic backgrounds and educates them together in a highly rigorous, engaging and nurturing environment. Using both English and Spanish to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, as well as a deep value and understanding of other cultures. As citizens in a global world, students at Global Prep gain limitless access to other cultures through bilingualism and instruction, which emphasizes critical thinking using global perspectives and experiential learning.
We are currently hiring teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. Global Prep teachers are highly energetic, self-motivated leaders who are committed to educating ethnic and linguistically diverse students.
An instructional Interventionist is a licensed teacher who is a part of the instructional team. He/She/they works specifically with the grade level team to provide small group and in class interventions to students who are not at grade level. When they are not providing literacy intervention, they are assigned to a specific grade level to provide intervention to Title 1, Sped and/or ESL students.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain accurate records and lesson plans of intervention work done with students.
- Utilize best practice instructional strategies and research-based intervention curriculum materials to meet the learning needs of identified Title I students.
- Model the use of intervention strategies, through their use in intervention, in the classroom and in small groups
- Serve on the building level MTSS team and participate in weekly MTSS meetings and data analysis meetings. Provide leadership for these meetings in collaboration with leadership team members and classroom teachers.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, building administrators, and parents when designing the interventions
- Testing administration – Running Records, NWEA, WIDA, IREAD, ILEARN
- To analyze assessment data and provide “real time” push-in and pull-out research-based interventions in the core curricular areas to Title I students that are currently below grade level based analysis of assessment instruments.
- Help teachers diagnose reading and math strengths and weaknesses and match these skills with the appropriate techniques and materials.
- Analyze existing student achievement data and administer student assessment and progress monitoring instruments as needed to aid in progress monitoring of Title I students.
- Maintain accurate student records, parent communications records and student progress data reports as required by Title I law and district policy.
- Maintain bookbaggies and reading logs for students on caseload.
- Push into the assigned grade level to provide academic support to students not at grade level.
- Assist in the evaluation of on-going instructional programs and make recommendations for change.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years of teaching experience
- Valid Teacher’s License
- ESL certifications and/or experience, preferred
- Native Spanish speakers and bilingual candidates preferred
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TEAM MEMBERS WHO…
- Enjoys collaborative work environment
- Values parents as partners
- Are strong with oral and written communication
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques
- Understands how to use data to drive instruction
- Promotes high expectations for all students and create a positive classroom environment
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism
BENEFITS | BENEFICIOS
Competitive medical, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance package.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.