Global Prep Academy (GPA), a dual language school that connects students from diverse linguistic backgrounds and educates them together in a highly rigorous, engaging and nurturing environment. Using both English and Spanish to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, as well as a deep value and understanding of other cultures. GPA employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children are educated.
Global Preparatory Academy is seeking a School Principal to lead the day-to-day staff and student operations. The School Principal is a full-time employee, hired, supported, and evaluated by the founder and CEO. The School Principal must be deeply committed to instructional leadership; teacher coaching and evaluation; school culture, and family engagement.
Demonstrate exceptional instructional leadership
● Work with school leaders to coach teachers in strategies for effective instructional delivery, modeling outstanding instruction
● Observe lessons regularly and deliver targeted feedback, developing plans for teacher improvement
● Collaborate with teachers to plan units, lessons, and assessments, facilitating data-driven instruction cycles
● Work with school leaders to design professional development calendar and implement effective, relevant, and differentiated PD sessions
● Oversee faculty and staff, including recruitment, evaluation, retention, and dismissal and hold primary responsibility for professional development, staff observations, curriculum development, staff communication, and program decisions;
● Lead faculty to ensure that all staff are providing well-managed and rigorous daily lessons, reasonable and effective daily homework, and regular and productive after school tutoring;
● Foster commitment among staff to the development and fulfillment of the school’s mission and objectives;
● Hold teachers accountable for meeting a high bar for student performance including requirements for special education accommodations and IEP modifications in partnership with the Special Education Coordinator.
Execute a rigorous and data-driven program
● Work with instructional team to deliver a quality curriculum that meets students’ needs, aligns with the Common Core, and meets state standards
● Committed to the development, integration, evaluation and sustainability of a high-quality two-way dual language program within the school
● Possess strong knowledge of WIDA frameworks and levels of emerging language proficiency in English and Spanish
● Work with instructional team to analyze school-wide data in order to improve instruction and curriculum, overseeing student assessment and measuring progress on a regular basis
● Work with instructional team to continue to refine a customized academic plan and approach that is replicable for use at future campuses
Provide day-to-day leadership across the school community
● Embrace the mission, vision, and values and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents, and members of the outside community
● Skilled in selecting and leveraging different communication tools (e.g. face-to-face, newsletters, social media) to help shape a narrative and deliver clear messages
● Promote ongoing positive communication with parents and community partners, effectively involving them in the education of children
● Strengthen teacher and staff capacity to cultivate and sustain meaningful partnerships with families of diverse backgrounds and with community members that support student achievement and student well-being
● Establishes two-way communication tools for parents in their respective languages
● Provide leadership to all staff and students in establishing a positive, structured, and achievement-oriented school culture
● Be highly present and visible during school hours relentlessly ensuring a positive school environment and modeling and enforcing strategies to maximize student time on task.
● Model professional and core values always
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
● Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
● Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
● Has the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
● Has the ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
● Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
● Ability to work with large amounts of data, to interpret data, to detect errors, and prepare reports.
● Possesses strong customer and student orientation.
● Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on the highest level of quality.
CORE ATTRIBUTES AND BELIEFS
● Belief that there is not a more urgent task than to provide an outstanding education to students from low-income, urban backgrounds
● An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels and a commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all students for college success
● Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains
● Entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and energy
● Ability to work well in a team of high performers
● Goal driven, self-reflective and analytical problem solver
● Passion for teacher development and belief in the potential of teachers to grow
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
● Minimum of 3 year of lead principal experience with exceptional data driven student outcomes.
● Active administrator licensure required
● Three or more years school leadership experience with proven results
● Experience developing and implementing curriculum for students
● Experience managing and developing adults
● Demonstrated student achievement results with urban students
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Proficiency in MS Excel, MSWord, and Google Suite
● Great organizational and time management skills
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Satisfactory completion of local, state, and federal criminal history check and TB test
● Demonstrated ability to exhibit strong interpersonal skills with students, parents and community
● Ability to meet established deadlines
● Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
Global Prep Academy offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. In addition to extensive professional development, the principal will receive a laptop computer, iPad, cell phone package, email, and all necessary supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.Apply
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.