Certified Secondary Math Teacher
GEO Next Generation High School is a part of a network of high-quality charter schools managed by the GEO Foundation. It joins GEO Prep Academy and GEO Prep Mid-City, delivering a high-quality K-12 learning experience to parents and students in the Baton Rouge community. GEO Next Generation High School is a tuition-free, public charter school that will begin with 9th grade and add a grade each year over the subsequent three years. Our teachers cultivate critical thinking skills students need to understand how the world works around them.
Our dedicated faculty are committed to providing an outstanding education for students each day as they transition from elementary to middle school to high school and COLLEGE. Through our partnership with the local community college, our students will be able to take dual credit courses with the opportunity to earn college credit at no cost to the student. Our curriculum and our teaching methods are designed using Core Knowledge, Teach Like a Champion and blended learning model. We are a TAP school!
Principal and Administrative Team
This is a full time 10-month position.
● A bachelor’s degree or higher or at least 24 credit hours in content area
● Valid Teaching Certificate/License for grades 6-12
● At least one (or more) of the following:
o National Board Certification
o TAP Experience (sign on bonus for TAP certification)
o Core Knowledge Experience
o Blended Learning Experience
o At least two years of successful teaching in an urban environment
● Strong technical skills, particularly in integrating technology in the classroom to drive
● Can demonstrate strong classroom management skills
● Demonstrated volunteer or community service
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
A secondary (6-12) teacher is required to perform the following duties:
● Plan and implement a blended learning environment, providing direct and indirect
instruction in Math based on the Louisiana Student Standards for mathematics
● Participation in all TAP requirements, focusing on data-driven instruction
● Participate in all relevant Professional Development
● Maintain high behavioral expectations for all students
● Create an inviting, exciting, innovative and engaging learning environment that develops student critical thinking and problem-solving skills
● Prepare students for strong academic achievement and passing of all required assessments
● Communicate regularly with parents
Certified Secondary Math Teacher (Grades 6-12)
● Continually assess student progress toward mastery of standards and keep students and parents well informed of student progress by collecting and tracking data, providing daily feedback, weekly assessments, and occasional parent/teacher conferences
● Work with the Special Education teachers and administration to serve special needs students in the classroom
● Attend all grade level and staff meetings and attend designated school functions outside of school hours
● Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom you are responsible
● Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff
● Perform necessary duties including but not limited to morning, lunch, dismissal, after-school and early college student support duties
● Dress professionally and uphold all school policies
● Performs other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the principal
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.