Family Engagement Coordinator – 20/21
Family Engagement Coordinator – 20/21
The Family Engagement Coordinator conducts outreach to NCN families and the community-at-large on behalf of the school. The Family Engagement Coordinator promotes parent engagement in their child’s education through greater involvement with the school. This includes keeping families informed about activities happening at NCN Schools, coordinating workshops that enrich the school, student and family experience, and promoting school, student and family culture through special events.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Fosters strong and mutually beneficial community partnerships
- Maintains close family, student, co-worker and community relationships.
- Collaborates with NCN faculty and staff to support student and family needs.
- Onboards new students and families into the culture, policies and procedures of the school.
- Supports student enrollment and recruitment efforts.
- Manages and supports family and student initiatives that promote student achievement, family involvement, and school culture (ex: student attendance, high school placement, etc…).
- Leads information sessions targeted to parent and family needs.
- Plans and executes family, student and community events and manages a family engagement budget.
- Creates surveys and other tools to measure the impact and effectiveness of student and family engagement programs.
- Leverages a variety of resources to learn and communicate expanded educational opportunities for students.
- Supports student culture and behavioral needs as necessary.
- Maintains knowledgeable and in depth understanding of relevant areas in education and not-for-profit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Neighborhood Charter Network Values:
Lead With Love
- Establish High Expectations
- Support and Empower Others
- Engage in honest communication to enhance understanding
Maximize Time To Maximize Potential
- Maintain productivity every hour of the day
- Only spend time on what is worth our time
Data Drives Decisions
- We do not have time to guess
Competencies for All NCN Employees:
- Emphasizing the team over self; being willing to take and implement feedback in order to grow
- Self-motivated; having the grit to push through adversity
- High emotional intelligence; the ability to work well with others; an understanding of one’s own impact
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3+ year of related experience working with diverse families
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Prior experience working in an urban educational setting
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications
- Ability to connect with varied audiences using multiple mediums and technologies
- High degree of organization and flexibility
- Effectively manages and appropriately prioritizes competing demands
- Values family and student involvement as a method to increase student achievement
- Sensitive to differences in class, race, ethnicity, culture and learning
- Holds high expectations for all students, regardless of background
** This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by the supervisor or other management personnel.
**Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours accordingly. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
**Neighborhood Charter Network provides equal opportunities of employment to all applicants and and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against anyone without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.