Global Preparatory Academy develops compassionate global leaders through a rigorous education program that focuses on hands-on, cultural and Spanish immersion learning opportunities.
Global Prep Academy, a dual language school that connects students from diverse linguistic backgrounds and educates them together in a highly rigorous, engaging and nurturing environment. Using both English and Spanish to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, as well as a deep value and understanding of other cultures. As citizens in a global world, students at Global Prep gain limitless access to other cultures through bilingualism and instruction, which emphasizes critical thinking using global perspectives and experiential learning. Through two-way immersion (TWI) in English and Spanish, students will affirm the values of their own cultures while acquiring an understanding and appreciation of other cultures. Our students attain bilingualism in a natural process through everyday conversation and content instruction. We are committed to providing relevant instruction pushing our students to be critical thinkers and change makers in an ever-changing world.
The ESL and Intervention Coordinator is a new leadership position for the 2021-2022 school year. The Director will lead ESL Programming and Interventions across the building. He/She will be responsible for training, supervising, coaching and evaluating the intervention team. The ESL and Interventions Coordinator will report to the Dual Language Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● Researching appropriate instructional programs and classroom strategies to successfully implement federal and state standards for English language Learners;
● Plan, Develop and implement professional development programs for intervention team
● Directly supervises and coaches and evaluates 1st – 8th grade interventionists.
● Track and monitor the academic progress of the bottom 25% of students
● Ensure school compliance with state and federal ELL regulations and reporting of accurate ELL data as required by the state.
● Develop and prepare the annual budget for ELL programs, analyze and review budgetary data, and monitor expenditures in accordance with established guidelines for the Title III and NESP
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
● Promotes high expectations for all staff and students students
● Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism
● Experience working in an urban school setting
● Enjoys collaborative work environment
● Enjoys problem solving
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Understands how to use data to drive improvements in culture, discipline and attendance
● Knowledge of effective classroom management and behavior techniques
● At least 3 years of experience leading and directly supervising adults with exceptional results
● Native Spanish speakers and bilingual candidates preferred
Competitive medical, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance package.Apply
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.