Overview: Adelante Schools is a non-profit school management organization in Indianapolis, Indiana, building a network of outstanding public schools in the city serving families with students in grades K-8. Our mission is to create joyous neighborhood schools, preparing all scholars to graduate from college and lead lives of leadership and service to Indianapolis. We do this work in unity and solidarity with our families and communities. We have the pleasure of adding positions mid-year to support our growing enrollment. Adelante Schools seeks highly motivated, mission-oriented, reflective applicants to serve as the Instructional Assistant.
We seek staff that knows all children are capable of excellence, who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction, who are hungry for feedback, and who are always looking for ways to more effectively reach and inspire our students every day in the classroom. We are looking for someone who, in close partnership with their principal, grade-level teammates, and many others, are eager to do the heavy lifting of identifying skill gaps in their students and filling them—all while teaching grade-level content and inspiring their students to greatness.
Job Description: Works with the a Lead Classroom Teacher to create and maintain a positive school academic climate among parents, students, and school staff of scholars in need of extra support. This looks like a pull-out/push-in for academics and social-emotional support.
● Supports attendance efforts with the Dean of Scholars which could include using an Adelante vehicle to pick-up a scholar that is not present.
● School duties will require some evening hours, travel throughout the neighborhood, and visiting homes.
● Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
● Proven track-record of building relationships with kids in a K-8 setting
● Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
● Eagerness for constant observation and feedback
● Desire to grow professionally
● Deeply rooted belief that children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them.
Adelante Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a MacBook, iPhone, email, and all necessary supplies. Adelante Schools believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.