Global Preparatory Academy develops compassionate global leaders through a rigorous education program that focuses on hands-on, cultural and Spanish immersion learning opportunities.
Global Prep Academy, a dual language school that connects students from diverse linguistic backgrounds and educates them together in a highly rigorous, engaging and nurturing environment. Using both English and Spanish to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, as well as a deep value and understanding of other cultures. As citizens in a global world, students at Global Prep gain limitless access to other cultures through bilingualism and instruction, which emphasizes critical thinking using global perspectives and experiential learning. Through two-way immersion (TWI) in English and Spanish, students will affirm the values of their own cultures while acquiring an understanding and appreciation of other cultures. Our students attain bilingualism in a natural process through everyday conversation and content instruction. We are committed to providing relevant instruction pushing our students to be critical thinkers and change makers in an ever-changing world.
The Director of Student Services is a new leadership position for the 2021-2022 school year. The Director will lead the Student Services Department in providing a wide array of student supports that extend beyond the general education classroom. This department includes social workers, deans, special area teachers and community partners. The Director of Student Services will report to the Head of School.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● Directly supervises and coaches deans, social workers and special area teachers
● Leads MTSS, After School Tutoring and After School Clubs
● Promotes high expectations for all staff and students
● Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
● Experience working in an urban school setting
● Enjoys collaborative work environment
● Enjoys problem solving
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Understands how to use data to drive improvements in culture, discipline and attendance
● Knowledge of effective classroom management and behavior techniques
● At least 3 years of experience leading and directly supervising adults with exceptional results
● Native Spanish speakers and bilingual candidates preferred
Competitive medical, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance package.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.