Substitute teachers provide an approved education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth.
The substitute teacher will be responsible for carrying out lesson plans and duties of the instructor for whom he/she is substituting and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in laws and policies.
School priorities include:
- High rigor, high support instruction to close academic gaps and prepare students for post-secondary opportunities
- Trauma-informed social-emotional learning
- Student and family empowerment through coordination with a robust Student Services team of coaches, counselors, and more.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Follow the lesson plan left by the instructor for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with the school’s mission, vision, values, and goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior utilizing a variety of positive behavior interventions and supports and following school-wide policies.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning experiences for students from a wide range of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and with varying mental, social, and emotional maturity.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Interact with students, parents, staff, faculty, and administration effectively and professionally.
- Follow oral and written instructions and observe and assist in upholding and enforcing school, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Respect and practice confidentiality both in and out of school with regard to records, activities, and communications relating to all students, parents/guardians, and staff.
- Perform all other duties as assigned consistent with the school day responsibilities of an instructor or support staff member.