Certified – Elementary, Indiana Teaching License K-6 Elementary
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
· High Ability Endorsement preferred
· Must hold a valid Indiana State Teacher’s License in Elementary Education (K-6) or enrolled in an accredited Transition to Teaching (T2T) program with emergency permit from the state of Indiana.
· Must have excellent organization and communication skills
· Be flexible and open minded
· Possess no excuses philosophy
· Good time-management skills
· Must be able to adapt material
· Work cooperatively and effectively with other professional staff members
· Possess a team first mindset
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Evaluate student work and assessment data to make instructional adjustments, evaluate academic growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports
· Administer frequent assessments to see what is working and what is not working
· Demonstrate a high level of effectiveness
· Agree and commit to the Cold Spring Philosophy, Beliefs, and Instructional Excellence
· Must be willing to collaborate with administration and all staff
· Provide small group instruction to students as needed
· Use a variety of instructional methods and materials
· Possess a growth mindset
· Encourage parent involvement in the educational process.
· Seek and use community resources to enhance the instructional program
· Seek feedback on improving instruction
· Maintains control that is conducive to safety in the classroom and on the playground
· Resolves problems in a timely manner using reason even with emotional topics focusing on solving conflict, not placing blame
· Participate in all staff and curriculum development workshops and professional learning communities, sometimes held during the summer and/or outside of the regular instructional day
· Responds promptly to needs and solicits feedback to improve service
· Perform other duties as assigned
The above job proposal is designed to denote the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.Apply
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.