Childcare Attendant (Part-Time)- Excel Center University Heights $500 SIGNING BONUS The Excel Center University Heights
This position is part-time paying $13 per hour. A $500 signing bonus will be issued after 90 days of employment.
The Young Learners Childcare Center (YLCC) is designed to provide free, temporary, short-term childcare for the students of the Excel Center until regular childcare is located. The YLCC is available when students are studying on-site or are in class, and will serve children up to age 12.
The Young Learners Childcare Attendant assists in ensuring the safe and caring management of all the students entrusted to the center. The Attendant monitors students in the center, serves snacks, and facilitates learning opportunities for the students while in their care. The Attendant assists in keeping parents informed of policies and procedures at the center.
Example Duties and Activities
- Facilitates hands-on interactive learning experiences working with students directly.
- Assists in the registration process of students.
- Updates and ensures accuracy of student files.
- Maintains regular communication with parents regarding services, enrollment, scheduling or routine changes, special events for the students.
- Aids in achieving short- and long-term goals for the center.
- Contributes ideas for the development and facilitates the execution of the curriculum and program activities.
- Participates in regular team meetings.
- Perform all other duties as needed assigned by office management and/or school leadership.
- Communication Skills – Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to comprehend customers’ needs. Delivers information in person, in writing, and in a digital world.
- Customer Focus – Has the ability to see, comprehend and relate with students and parents in an impartial, unbiased yet effective and balanced manner; builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by the organization; provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Teamwork – Works well with others and makes valued contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist the team or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Conflict Resolution – Anticipates, diffuses, and resolves disagreements, confrontations, tensions, and complaints in a practical and constructive manner in order to achieve results.
- Technical Knowledge – Has working knowledge of G Suite and MS Office.
- Degree and Credential Requirements – Continuing education in child development, early childhood education, or related field. Child/infant CPR certified or willing to obtain.
- Industry Expertise – Has worked in a childcare setting.
- Safety Awareness – Recognizes the risks in activities, applies the right measures to control and manage those risks, and ensures all safety protocols are followed.
- Hard to Very Hard Physical Work – Is able to spend time in excess of 8 hours sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Has the ability to move and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Background Screening – The YLCC cares for some of our most vulnerable populations, children. As a result, all candidates must pass a pre-employment background check.
Benefits: Goodwill offers a competitive package of benefits even for part-time employment that includes:
- Corporate wellness program that includes: an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), health coaching and wellness discounts (Weight Watchers, YMCA, etc.)
- Discount programs for phone carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) and 20% discount off Goodwill retail stores immediately upon hire
- Financial education programs- credit union membership and access to online workshops
Goodwill Education Initiatives
Goodwill strongly believes it is essential to raise education attainment levels in Indiana. Not only are the lifetime earnings of high school graduates significantly higher than those of dropouts, children of high school graduates are 50% less likely to drop out of high school than the children of dropouts are. Goodwill provides opportunities for adults (The Excel Center) and youth (Indianapolis Metropolitan High School).
The Excel Center Model
The Excel Center® is operated by Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc., a not-for-profit organization formed by Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Recognizing that nearly a half million working-age Hoosiers lack a high school diploma, Goodwill opened The Excel Center for adults in 2010. The Excel Center is a tuition-free public high school for adults offering an Indiana Core 40 high school diploma. Apply
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.
"*" indicates required fields