Capstone & Sociology Teacher
Charles A Tindley Accelerated School
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Capstone & Sociology Teacher
POSITION IS IN Tindley Accelerated Schools – Indianapolis, IN
Tindley Accelerated Schools is an open-enrollment charter school with a network of three (3) schools, serving grades K-12. There is one track at Tindley: College or Die. Our scholars traditionally work one grade level ahead so that they are ready to take all authentic college courses beginning their junior year. Since opening our doors in 2004, 100% of Tindley graduates have been accepted to a select college or university.
Tindley Accelerated Schools launched in 2002 as the Charter for Accelerated Learning, Inc. In 2004, we launched Charles A. Tindley Accelerated School is one of Indianapolis’ most impoverished neighborhoods. In six short years, the Tindley School established itself as a model for urban schooling in Indiana, winning the National Blue Ribbon Schools Award in 2010.
Now, Tindley Accelerated Schools is focused on giving students throughout urban Indianapolis access to opportunities for strong educations. That’s why in 2010 the Charter for Accelerated Learning became Tindley Accelerated Schools, dedicated to expanding quality college-preparatory educational services for young people and helping Indianapolis schools excel – so their students can do likewise.
Become a Leader at a Nationally Recognized Charter School System:
In 2010, Tindley Accelerated Schools was the recipient of the National Blue Ribbon School award given by the United States Department of Education. We have also been twice presented with a Four Star School status by the Indiana Department of Education which places Tindley in the top 25% of public schools in Indiana.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
(Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe each and every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management form assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments, and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives as well as providing an opportunity for all students to participate in classroom activities.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Collaborates with supervising teacher(s) or other staff as assigned for the purpose of communicating information, resolving issues, and providing services in compliance with established guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with supervising teacher(s) or other staff as assigned for the purpose of promoting continuous improvement of individual student goals.
- Confers with teachers on a regular basis for the purpose of accountability and assisting in evaluating student progress.
- Reports to the teacher and building level principal.
- Supervise children in the hallway, lunchroom, and playground.
- Assist in monitoring supplementary work and independent study.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Skill and Experience:
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of basic data collection and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of English language, grammar, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to use computers and related software applications.
- Ability to operate modern office equipment.
- Ability to compile and organize data and information.
- Ability to receive and process a variety of documents and information.
- Ability to proofread typed materials and documents.
- Ability to communicate using interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, students, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Ability to make independent decisions and keep management informed.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and negotiation skills.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.