Circle City Prep
A Circle City Prep Associate Teacher is responsible for supporting Lead Teachers and educating all grade-level schools to achieve multiple years of academic and social growth within a single year. Associate Teachers will primarily teach small group phonics and pull small groups for academic intervention throughout the day. Associate Teachers write shared lesson plans; teach small groups during literacy and math blocks; supervise breakfast, lunch and recess; administer assessments and track academic mastery data. Most importantly, they build enduring relationships with Scholars and families.
Benefits of an Associate Teacher role include:
- An opportunity for graduate school partnership that provides IN teacher certification
- Close mentorship under a Lead Teacher
- Scaffolded teaching responsibilities over the course of the academic year
- Upon the completion of a successful year, Associate Teachers will have the opportunity to move into a Lead Teacher position
Background on the Organization:
Circle City Prep is deeply committed to supporting all students to live up to their power and potential through a rigorous college prep education. Circle City Prep is an elementary school built on research and best practices of high performing charter schools nationwide and is uniquely focused on educating students on the Far Eastside of Indianapolis.
Circle City Prep’s philosophical approach to creating a transformational school for the students of Indianapolis is based on three foundational beliefs: 1) Every child, no matter race, socio-economic status, zip code or home language, can be on a path to college; 2) Students thrive in a structured and supportive environment; and 3) Teaching leadership and self-advocacy is a critical component to building our country’s future leaders.
As an Associate Teacher, you will:
- Internalize, individualize, and execute common lesson plans
- Make instructional choices with eagerness and urgency
- Teach whole group, small group and individual lessons with rigor
- Engage in an ongoing data-driven cycle of assessment, analysis, and action
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences for behavior
- Implement school-side systems for academics, culture, and behavior
- Engage families through phone calls, home visits, and notes
- Commit to teach an extended daily schedule: 7:15am – 4:00pm
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Circle City Prep
- Outstanding classroom management that relies on positive, proactive reinforcement of high behavioral standards
- Strong relationship builder with students, families, and other staff members
- Critical thinker with ability to analyze data and adjust plans to improve student achievement
- Growth mindset and ability to accept and implement feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively and without ego
- Willingness to place student achievement as highest goal
- Self-reflective, with a drive to continually grow as a teacher
- Willingness to work hard and the flexibility to work through start-up challenges
- Ability to quickly learn and implement technology innovations in the classroom
To be considered as an Associate Teacher, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or expected Bachelor’s degree by June 2022 with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Willingness to work occasional weekend and evening work hours required
- Teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred, but not required
- Belief in and alignment with Circle City Prep’s core values and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
- Pass criminal background check, as required by law
Go to www.circlecityprep.org and click Join Our Team and our application submission link.
As an equal opportunity employer, Circle City Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.