Irvington Community Middle School is seeking a highly motivated, dedicated, and enthusiastic teacher to become part of the team of outstanding educators on staff. The position involves a high level of collaboration with the other two teachers within the assigned grade level and a commitment to student achievement. The teacher is responsible for evaluating student assessment data to plan instruction that meets the needs of diverse learners. Differentiated instruction and flexible grouping are an integral part of the expectations for this position. The teacher is also responsible for maintaining individualized communication with parents and for conducting parent teacher conferences twice yearly to ensure the highest level of service to our students.
Classes consist of students with diverse experiences and levels of performance. To help support the classroom teacher, both Title I Instructional Assistants and Special Education staff push into the classrooms to assist with core instructional time.
Irvington Community Schools, Inc. is a public charter school serving the needs of a diverse population of students in the historic Irvington area. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the school’s mission and of the charter school movement in general.
1. Enthusiasm for content and developmental needs and energy of adolescent students.
2. Creative, engaging approach to lesson planning and use of resources.
3. Focus on building and modeling interpersonal relationships with students, colleagues, and families.
4. Demonstrate competence in Google Apps for Education and Chromebooks.
5. Serve as a resource for administration, helping to develop a program that serves the needs of students and stays relevant as new technologies develop
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Valid Indiana Teaching License
Experience working with at-risk student populations preferred
Must be flexible and hardworking, dedicated to the success of students in an urban school setting
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.