As one of our Social Studies Teachers, you will work in step with our instructional team to fulfill our school-wide vision for grades 9-12 and execute the curriculum to bring that vision to a reality.
We want teammates who demonstrate a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission
We want teammates who have an unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness (that, regardless of how much you know about something, you could be wrong)
We want teammates who thrive in a startup environment (comfort with frequent, focused change and ambiguity + strong initiative)
We want teammates committed to equity for all students
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Creating, refining, + maintaining Social Studies curriculum at Rooted School
2. Collaborating with other content area teachers to design cross-curricular projects and emphasize targeted soft skills across curriculum
3. Meticulously monitoring student data, provide frequent feedback and targeted student support in response to data
4. Consistently implementing and execute student interventions with flexible grouping
5. Execute Rooted’s hybrid academic model with fidelity and consistency
6. Actively establishing Rooted culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large
8. Perform other duties as assigned
0-1 year of teaching
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.