Global Preparatory Academy develops compassionate global leaders through a rigorous education program that focuses on hands-on, cultural and Spanish immersion learning opportunities.
Global Prep Academy, a dual language school that connects students from diverse linguistic backgrounds and educates them together in a highly rigorous, engaging and nurturing environment. Using both English and Spanish to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, as well as a deep value and understanding of other cultures. As citizens in a global world, students at Global Prep gain limitless access to other cultures through bilingualism and instruction, which emphasizes critical thinking using global perspectives and experiential learning. Through two-way immersion (TWI) in English and Spanish, students will affirm the values of their own cultures while acquiring an understanding and appreciation of other cultures. Our students attain bilingualism in a natural process through everyday conversation and content instruction. We are committed to providing relevant instruction pushing our students to be critical thinkers and change makers in an ever-changing world.
We are currently hiring teachers for the 2021-2022 school year. Global Prep teachers are highly energetic, self-motivated leaders who are committed to educating ethnic and linguistically diverse students.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● Ability to work with a diverse Urban student population
● Effective lesson planning for reading, writing, math, and science
● Enjoys collaborative work environment
● Values parents as partners
● Effective oral and written communication
● Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques
● Understands how to use data to drive instruction
● Promotes high expectations for all students and create a positive classroom environment
● Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
● At least 2 years of teaching experience
● Valid Teacher’s License for secondary science
● ESL certifications and/or experience, preferred
● Native Spanish speakers and bilingual candidates preferred
Competitive medical, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance package.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.