2021-2022 High School Assistant Principal
Charles A Tindley Accelerated School
Tindley Accelerated Schools is an open enrollment charter school with a network of 3 schools, serving grades K-12. There is one track at Tindley: College or Die. Our scholars traditionally work one grade level ahead so that they are ready to take all authentic college courses beginning their junior year. Since opening our doors in 2004, 100% of Tindley graduates have been accepted to a select college or university.
Tindley Accelerated Schools launched in 2002 as the Charter for Accelerated Learning, Inc. In 2004, we launched Charles A. Tindley Accelerated School in one of Indianapolis’ most impoverished neighborhoods. In six short years, the Tindley School established itself as a model for urban schooling in Indiana, winning the National Blue Ribbon Schools Award in 2010.
Now, Tindley Accelerated Schools is focused on giving students throughout urban Indianapolis access to opportunities for strong educations. That’s why in 2010 the Charter for Accelerated Learning became Tindley Accelerated Schools, dedicated to expanding quality college-preparatory educational services for young people and helping Indianapolis schools excel – so their students can do likewise.
Become a Leader at a Nationally Recognized Charter School System:
In 2010, Tindley Accelerated Schools was the recipient of the National Blue Ribbon School award given by the United States Department of Education. We have also been twice presented with a Four Star School status by the Indiana Department of Education which places Tindley in the top 25% of public schools in Indiana.
We are looking for an Assistant Principal for the 2022-2023 Academic year
Reports to: Principal
- The Assistant Principal assists the Principal in the performance of the various leadership responsibilities to ensure the successful administration of the school.
- Demonstrates instructional leadership to enhance school effectiveness by improving instruction and augmenting student performance.
- Provides assistance to the Principal in the evaluation and modification of the instructional programs offered by the school.
- Establishes effective relationships with students, parents, staff, community groups and support staff.
- Responsible for supporting the Principal in providing a safe and secure learning environment for students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
(Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe each and every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management form assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assists the Principal in defining goals and expectations of the school program.
- Assists the Principal in monitoring and assessing student achievement and participation in outcomes with appropriate data collection and analysis.
- Assists the Principal in supervising and evaluating the effectiveness of all school-based personnel.
- Supports the Principal in the process of continuous school improvement.
- Assists in curriculum and program development and evaluation.
- Assists in presentation of staff development and in-service for all employees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of school restructuring programs, consensus and team building models, interdisciplinary teams and shared decision-making.
- Assists in the development and management of sound fiscal practices.
- Assists in implementation of school wide supervision plans that establish and maintain a safe and orderly environment.
- Fosters a productive work environment by working cooperatively with faculty, staff and students.
- Administers and coordinates school discipline and maintains necessary discipline records.
- Coordinates and supervises student activities.
- Develops reports relative to conferences and suspensions.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining attendance procedures.
- Assists in determining and implementing school organization, student placement, evaluation, and services and programs to meet the needs of individual students.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described in the job description.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to adapt behavior to function effectively in a school environment, including those specific to the traditions of the school.
- Ability to read and analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Access.
Training and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field required.
- Must have a valid administrator’s license.
- Four (4) years teaching experience required.
- Two (2) years administrative and/or supervisory experience preferred.
Thank you for your interest in an open position.
Please fill out the form below to stay informed about relevant job opportunities from Teach Indy.